Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A letter to my wife

* I had this post up briefly a couple of days ago, but took it down because I thought that this wasn't the place for it. But since you all know so much about us, this is the place for it. And besides that, I want it here. So there.

Cynthia,

I love you.

I know how difficult this pregnancy has been on you. With Abby, you suffered through prenatal depression, as you do now with Jack. Compounding that is The Himp on Jack's back, the growth that makes us mad, sad and frustrated. The mass that makes us tired, fearful, and anxious. I just wanted you to know that you have been handling it all so well, and that I am very proud of you. It would be so easy for you to just shut down and spend every evening in bed, but you don't do that. You still get on the floor to play with our beautful little girl, still entertain our friends on Thursday nights, and still give so much to Kidventure at church. I wish I knew how you did it, because I don't think I could.

You are strong, Moodge, much stronger than you give yourself credit for. I know sometimes you think that you are not handling it very well, but you are. Even when you are having trouble breathing because Jack is practicing his Riverdance routine on your lungs, or when the world seems to be coming down around you, you persevere. You do what you have to do. Not everyone could/would, but you do.

As I said before, I am very proud of you, and I am honoured to be your husband. Thanks just doesn't seem to be enough, but thank you so much for going through all this for our family. You are the best wife and Mommy a guy and a little girl and boy could ask for. We are lucky and blessed to have you.

I love you.

Your boy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a couple to be emulated.

darien said...

You know what....except for meeting you guys at SIL Sue's that Christmas, I don't know you from peanut butter.

But the glimpses that I get through your posts really make me wish that there had been a lot more time that day. You both are really quite awe inspiring!

Anonymous said...

Lovely.
And so true.