Thursday, April 24, 2008

Week 35 update

Thursday Thirteen

1. TH continues to get flatter.

2. Which, is good for the c-section as it makes things a bit safer for delivery.

3. And, it's also good as there’s a chance that by the time Jack is born strangers that see him with clothes on will likely not even know what is beneath. (just being the protective mom)

4. It appears that Jack will be born on May 22nd. A Thursday. As it should be.

5. Which is sad in that initially they were toying with May 15th and now this means that I will have to be pregnant for one more week.

6. And I know it shouldn't be about me and I shouldn't be whining with all that's gone on but goodness does pregnancy seem never-ending some days.

7. It also terrifies me that (as the 22nd is only 3 days from his due date) I will go into labour beforehand. Yes, they will still do the c-section but um, I will also have contractions. Seems to me that that then becomes the worst of both worlds.

8. We met with the surgeon again.

9. He threw out a few more options and possibilities. But "we won’t know until he is born and tests have been run". And we're done with those. We're sick of them. Don't throw any more stuff at us unless it's something you know for sure.

10. He's a very smart man who is the top in his field for a reason. That being said, he does not spend a lot of time speaking in layman's terms and we mostly sit there stunned and confused. I could have kissed our nurse when at one point (and after the surgeon had been going into medical terms about the "fetus" for far too long) she piped up "His name is Jack".

11. Speaking of kissing near strangers: J-L has been having a rough week. Things have been hitting him hard about Jack and at one point he mentioned this to our doctor. In his words: "I just feel like I should be able to fix it. I'm the dad. That's my job." To which our doctor said: "You ARE fixing it. You are here week after week AND you are caring for your wife and daughter. Do you know how many men disappear or stop coming to appointments when things don't look good?"

12. J-L is able to take the Thursday (the 22nd) and Friday (the 23rd) off as personal days as well as the following week still leaving us 2 weeks for a trip this summer. As I said to him in the van leaving the hospital: "I NEED that trip. It's my light." We’re just so thankful with our understanding job situations.

13. We're a little down today. I don't know if either of us have figured out why as things aren't any better or worse this appointment than any other. But, he left there wanting some fried chicken and I've been wanting cheesecake all afternoon. Easy this ain't.

5 comments:

darien said...

1., 2, and 3 YEA!!!!!!!
4. Yes, as it should be
5. then again...one more week for ice cream. Try something chocolate!
6. Maybe you've EARNED the chance to whine a little.
7. well yes, that might suck
8 and 9 good...i guess? They are just people but we sure wish they were more than that sometimes.
10 and 11. I wanna kiss them!
12. This is indeed a blessing. And I bet he said 'don't worry Moodge, we will go'. Or something equally sweet like that. He seems that way :-)
13. It's a bit of winter. Don't worry, spring is coming, and it will be GREAT!

love to you all!

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Just wagering a guess here, but I'll bet that something about being closer to Jack being out and the craziness of everything that may have to happen to him is weighing on you pretty heavily today. In some ways, it's probably easier while he's still a part of you and strangers can't get their grubby hands on him to poke and prod and test and do all that 'necessary' stuff that's so scary. I know I had a hard time after two normal days in the hospital with all sorts of people checking my child all the time. I can't imagine what it'll be like for you guys. I sure hope they respect you guys enough to let you hold Jack as much as possible.

May 22 is a good day, though - it's my and Vergil's anniversary! Completely irrelevant, but makes me smile nonetheless. :)

Anonymous said...

I was going to say "Thursday's child is full of grace", but then I looked it up and found out it's really "Thursday's child has far to go". Still rather appropriate.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. May is right around the corner. The unknown is hard and draining.

May is a great time to have a baby.