Thursday, April 10, 2008

Week 33 update

And there it is, that word again:

Hope has a way of turning it's face to you
just when you least expect it
you walk in a room
you look out a window
and something there leaves you breathless

Hey, if this blog does nothing else it'll get you hooked on Sara Groves.

Our version for today:

Hope has a way of making you cry
just when you least expect it
you ask the question you're afraid to ask
for fear of the answer
and the answer lets you breathe

The question: Will we be able to hold Jack after he is born or will he be whisked away to NICU right away? Will Cynthia (it was J-L who asked the question) be able to nurse him?

The answer: Assuming his heart is doing well and he's breathing fine you'll be able to spend some time with him before he goes.

Thank you.

At one time, some 13 weeks ago we wondered if he'd make it to 40 weeks. We wondered if he'd live. And now it seems that we might even be able to HOLD him when he's born.

Exhale.

And other than that the appointment went well. He's now 4 lbs. 13 oz. He's still doing well our boy. Our beautiful boy.

8 comments:

darien said...

there are, no doubt, unexpected tears in a lot of places tonight...like here where I live! Such wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

So wonderful.

Anonymous said...

One last check before I go to bed. Little tears of happiness rolling down my face. I know, I'm a cryer but I am looking forward when his Auntie gets to hold him too. Just hang on till I get back little Jack. No appearances until you are good and ready and I am here to meet you.

Keeping you all in my heart and prayers even while I am over the pond. (Looking for little wooden shoes for Abby)

Marja

Anonymous said...

Made me cry.

Yay, God, Yay, Jack, Yay, exhale.

I love you.

SIL Sue

Anonymous said...

I'm a little choked up. Hope I can get there quick enough to hold him too.

Unknown said...

Fantastic, amazing and awesome.
So thankful to God for the miracle of Jack.

Thank you for sharing
Anna M

Kathryn Mackel said...

Almost five pounds? An armful already, and so much more lovin' to come.

Trish said...

Praise the Lord! :)