Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Week 32 - Getting closer

Due to a much needed holiday that my girls are taking, we had to move up the ultrasound to this morning. We had a full room today at the WP; Nurse L, Doctor K, Grandma, H, N, J, M, Abby, Cynthia and me. Things are looking great for our little boy. The tumour is now 0.41, thanks to Jack growing and the growth flattening out . I don't care why the ratio is down, but it is. We got some really good 3D shots too, which is always a bonus. His little man-face and hairy noggin stole the show this morning. If I do say so myself, our son is a handsome little dude. Apparently our boy is not shy; he has no problem showing off his business, much to the chagrin of his female cousins in attendance. All in all today was, to quote a friend of mine, wicked awesome.

The news has been more encouraging as every week passes, and while I want to shout from the rooftops that it is only smooth sailing ahead (or at least it feels that way), I have to be careful to not get too confident or complacent, because that's the time when something silly will happen. I don't want silly, I don't need silly. Therefore, from here on in I shall remain cautiously optimistic.

In 7 weeks, we get to hold our son. Thank you God. You rock.

J-L

P.S. Thanks for stopping by to check us out, we really appreciate it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cautiosly optimistic is good. Thanks for sharing part of your story J-L.

Linda

Anonymous said...

YAY. and *phew* and THANK GOD for seven weeks.

SIL Sue

darien said...

yeah....what SHE said :-)

Kathryn Mackel said...

Pray. Smile.

Getting ready to dance the baby jig.

Can't wait!