Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22nd

So, here it is. Jack's birthday. I have to admit, back on January 10th I never thought we'd make it this far. But, in about 15 minutes we head off to drop our excited daughter (she's having a SLEEPOVER at Auntie Hedder and Uncle Cel's!) off and then we head off to the hospital. And we're equal parts excited and scared and deliriously happy.

And if I type more than that I'll likely start crying and these days it's hard for me to stop so I'd best keep this unemotional. There will be enough time for crying later.

Thank you so much for all your prayers. I have been completely overwhelmed by the amount of people who have taken the time out to visit this blog on a regular basis. We will definitely keep the blog updated as our adventure continues.

In the meantime, there's something I want to ask of you. (Besides continued prayer today.) I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind putting a postcard in the mail to us. I think it would be a very cool addition to Jack's memory box. I know there are a whole lot of you that have been reading this blog anonymously and that's fine, I read lots that way too. And frankly, if you don't know what to write that's fine too. Seriously, all you have to do is find a postcard from your city/state/province or whatever and put our names on it and send it off. You don't even need to sign it if you don't want to. Here's the address:

Cynthia Plett or J-L Laurendeau
221-294B BELIVEAU RD
WINNIPEG MB
R2M 1T4

For those of you who think I'm ridiculously unsafe for putting my address out on the internet, don't worry. That's not our address. Frankly, it's not even the address of anyone we know. Tricky, hey?

So, could you do that for us? Even if you live in the same city or we see you almost every week - I just think someday it would be nice to tell Jack about all the thoughts and prayers that people were sending our way from all over the world.

Thank you. And now, we're off. Hopefully the next time I do this it will be one-handed typing.

13 comments:

mmichele said...

I'll be thinking of you today, until we hear the news!
Lots of love

Kathryn Mackel said...

I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait...

Tania said...

I am thinking of you all, all the way down here in Southern Maine!!

Unknown said...

Praying and thinking of you all.
Can't wait to meet you Jack

Anna Magyar

Anonymous said...

Praying so hard. (also clutching my cell phone, willing it to ring ...why ever did we LEAVE the city???)

SIL Sue

-Me- said...

Oh this is such an exciting day...I am sure that by now you have met this newest little blessing, and I'm thinking of all of you today!!!! That postcard idea is such a great idea, also!!!! Can't wait to hear all about Jack's arrival!!!

Anonymous said...

I'll be picking up the postcard tomorrow. What a great idea!

Linda

Hope said...

I'm de-lurking. My thoughts and wishes are with you today. I will see if I can get a post card from my state and my mothers state.

Anonymous said...

been thinking of you and praying for you....

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Jack is finally arriving! Congrats and good luck with everything.

Stephanie said...

The postcard is a great idea. Now I just need to go find an international stamp!

Hope all is well. Prayed for you guys today!

Cakes said...

will send one off!
I'm dying for some news and pictures!!!! Hope everything went beautifully..

Pamela said...

Heard that the blessing has arrived --- I saw tears of joy and love over at Aunty Hedders. (: