Thursday, May 8, 2008

Week 37 - And then there was one

We had the second to last ultrasound this afternoon, and all is well. Jack now weighs 7 lbs 8 oz., and is still breech, but moving like crazy and causing his Mommy to lose her breath more and more. In fact, Doctor C. didn't even talk about TH today, which is definitely a first for us. Our fantastic Nurse L. was away sick, and while her replacement was a nice enough lady, she was no L. We really missed her today. She has become an integral part of all this, and all for the right reasons. We hope she is back for next week.

Doctor K and Doctor C will be in and out of the hospital over the next 14 days. For a planner like me, this is a little disconcerting, because I need to know how things will unfold (will we make it to the 22nd, will both doctors be there, etc.). But alas, there is nothing I can do; no answers once again. It still bothers me to not have any answers to my 7 million questions, so we'll just have to wait and see, again.

Next Thursday is our PAC (pre-admission clinic) for the surgery and the aforementioned last ultrasound. I can't believe that 17+ weeks have passed since we found out about TH. And now, in 2 weeks we will get to meet our little boy. We. Can't. Wait.

I have to say it again; thanks so much for your prayers and positive thoughts. We are grateful for them and for you.

J-L

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, either.

Mom asked me to tell you you are all in her prayers.

SIL Sue

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and Jack in my thoughts and prayers as the day approaches.

You are an amazing family, and God has you under his care. He has not left you during this whole thing.

Anonymous said...

In the home stretch! Go Jack!

Linda

Kathryn Mackel said...

I. Can't. Wait. Either.

I live thousands of miles away and yet I feel you all nearby. God...and hope...closes the miles.