Thursday, May 15, 2008

Week 38 - The Last One, and a few random thoughts

Well, today was it. Our last ultrasound EVER. But before that, we had the PAC (pre-assessment clinic) with a nurse to fill us in on what to expect next week (next week, holy cow!). Where to check in, where the surgery will be, where the recovery room is, etc. All the fun stuff. For those of you that know me, I am a planner, so knowing more details about the c-section was very good.


The ultrasound. Nurse L was back, and it was very good to have her do the last ultrasound; it wouldn't feel right if someone else did it. Jack is really good, and quite big. Our boy hit the 8 lb. mark, and has these crazy big cheeks. His heart and blood flow are great. In fact, Doctor C even mentioned the chance that Jack may not need to go into either the NICU or T1 (intermediate care) after his birth, that he may actually be able to stay in Cynthia's room AND may be able to come home with us when Cynthia is released from the hospital. I have to say a tear rolled down my cheek as I thought of Jack being able to sleep with his Mommy his first night. But again, there are no guarantees, but it sure does seem promising.


It sunk in today as we were discussing the surgery with the nurse; we are having another baby. A boy. A son to carry on my family name. A boy named after his Pepere. You have no idea how proud that makes me. It never really mattered to me about having a boy until we found out that Jack was, well, Jack. Believe me, I would have been over the moon with another girl, but this is really cool on a whole other level.


I am so proud of Cynthia. This pregnancy has not been easy on her, for many reasons. But she has been so strong throughout it that I can't help but sing her praise. Moodge, once again, thank you for making me a father, and for enduring two very difficult pregnancies. You are the best.


We will talk again soon. Thanks for stopping by, we appreciate it.


J-L

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Jesus.

Kathryn Mackel said...

Thank you, Jesus..and thank you Cynthia and J.L. for sharing your lives. And Jack's life.

I can't wait. Tick tick...days running down until they start building up again!

Anonymous said...

I hope that means that we'll get to meet him fairly soon after he's born. The girls are BEGGING me to take them out of school early on that day so they can meet him. :-)

Cakes said...

can't. wait.

Joyska said...

so excited and praying like mad! Can't wait to meet him, and see you all again :)

Trish said...

Praise the Lord!!! Just a couple of days left! We will be praying and can't wait to hear about how you are all settling into your new life! Congratulations on your wonderful boy!

Kassi said...

We're a day ahead here, so I have to wait until Friday to celebrate with you. Fingers and toes crossed for you all ...