Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Random Thoughts on the Himp

- The hardest thing about our situation is the waiting. Waiting for a diagnosis as to what the himp (this is my name for the growth) is. Waiting to find out if it is indeed benign. Waiting to see if the himp gets bigger. Waiting to see if Jack will outgrow the himp. Always waiting.

- I find that I look forward to/dread Thursday afternoons. While I want to see how Jack is doing, and to be able to keep track of the himp's growth, I don't want to know if the himp is getting bigger. I don't want to know if Jack is developing an irregular heartbeat because the blood that is meant for him is being re-routed to the himp. I want to know, but I don't. And it drives me crazy.

- I wonder sometimes if God is tired of my prayer. I am not very imaginative when it comes to praying; it is pretty much "hello God, it's me again. Please let the himp go away. Please let Jack be born safely". I hope God is OK with boring prayer.

- 123 days until our due date of May 25th. One day closer to my little Jack-O-Lantern being born. One day closer to our lives going back to normal, whatever normal is for us now. One day closer to this nightmare being over. One day closer to holding our son.

Please continue to pray for us. As Cynthia said in an earlier post, we are truly humbled and blessed that so many people have us in their thoughts. We are grateful, and we are thankful for all of you; we couldn't go through this without you.

J-L

5 comments:

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Our dinnertime prayers with the girls have become very much like your boring prayers. Except we throw in an obligatory "thank you for the food."

Cakes said...

I've been pestering God myself. Just like the parent to a whiny child, he'll have to give in at some point, right?

Kathryn Mackel said...

Don't beat yourself up about praying boring prayers, Cynthia. I suspect you "had God at hello."

Anonymous said...

Himp, huh? Will you tell us how you came up with that one? I like it. A cool name for something that is anything but cool. A gentle name. I like it.