Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Another BIG little word

This weekend I thought to myself that I would like to buy an outfit for Jack. In anticipation. Something to look at, to hold, to touch (perhaps to weep into on occasion) for the next 89 days. That's the first time I've had that thought since January 10th.

You do your work the best that you can
you put one foot in front of the other
life comes in waves and makes its demands
you hold on as well as your able

You've been here for a long long time

Hope has a way of turning it's face to you
just when you least expect it
you walk in a room
you look out a window
and something there leaves you breathless
you say to yourself
it's been a while since I felt this
but it feels like it might be hope

- Sara Groves It Might Be Hope

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ate the most delicous grapefruit, but it was nothing compared to how happy this post made me. I thank God for the hope He's given.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that last comment was from me : )
corrie.

Ranee @ Arabian Knits said...

I am so glad to read this. Hope is a big word, and an important one.

edmar said...

Do you read ODB? Feb.24 Anne Cetas reminds us,"Circumstances aren't the barometer of God's love and goodness, the cross is". That is a real encouragement to me.

donna said...

i haven't been visiting a lot of blogs these past few weeks, but wanted you to know that you are still in my prayers...

donna