Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day (Week 25)

Our Valentine's date? Seeing our son again and giving candy to some of our favorite doctors and techs. Which, in the grand scheme of things, isn't a bad date. Well, except for that Thing that shall remain nameless.

The head to tumour (okay, so much for remaining nameless) ratio is still the same so that's good. Other than it disappearing altogether or shrinking it's about the best news we can get. His heart is still good.

We formally asked Dr. Schneider and Dr. Mytopher to deliver our son and they formally accepted. And that just feels stupidly good because we seriously heart them. It's felt very foolish to me all along that we would introduce another doctor into the midst when those 2 know us and our boy so well. They are also going to accommodate us as much as possible with just doing the prenatal care at the same time as the ultrasounds which means less time missed from work. AND, the glucose tolerance test that I have to take sometime in the next few weeks? Well, they said "don't bother, we'll just take a vial of blood one of the next times you come in". Lovely, lovely news. It likely sounds trivial in a way but missing more work and seeing more doctors was not necessarily on my list of things I wanted to do in the next 15 weeks.

Hmm, what else? Our boy weighs about a pound and a half already. And you know that little thing babies love to do? The one where they grab their toes while lying on their backs like this:












Well, we got to see Jack do that in my womb. Which, to date, is the coolest thing we've seen on the ultrasound yet.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just had a lovely image of how oblivious Jack is, in that baby way, to all the fuss surrounding him.

He's just playing with his toes, no worries, no idea of how we are all awaiting his latest news.

m

Anonymous said...

Aaaah. Precious baby Jack.

Linda

Anonymous said...

So sweet.

You are lucky to have a good team behind you.

xo

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia...I just read something about preserving ultrasound photos and thought you might want to see it (if you haven't already). I know that you are really into photography though, so it might even be completely useless to you.

However, I thought of you immediately! The link is here:

http://flash.popphoto.com/ on the Feb 18 entry. Take care of you guys! Crystal

ccap said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cynthia & J-L said...

Thanks so much, Crystal! I do believe I will go home tonight and scan all the ultrasound photos.

Anonymous said...

Fewer trips, less "to do" sounds WONDERFUL in ANY pregnancy. I'm glad!

And I love m's image of how relaxed Jack is. It reminds me of something Maureen said to me when Gabriel was born - "He's closer to God now than he ever will be again (this side of heaven)."