Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A BIG little word

The year is 2000. We as a children's ministry leadership team have sat down together to plan out our next series and to come up with actions to some new songs.

Trust, trust in the Lord
Lean not on your own understanding
In all, all of your ways
Acknowledge him
He'll make your path straight

We decide that the action for trust should probably be something like hanging on to a rope for dear life and trying to climb up it, little by little because it's not always easy.

You'll be my God for life
I'll walk by Your side
With your hand in mine
I'll go where You lead me

The year is 2002. I am traveling Europe with 2 of my favorite friends. It is midnight, we are in the middle of rural France with no campground in sight. A song comes on the cd player that makes me smile as I sit in the backseat worrying. It's not always easy.

Trust, trust in the Lord
Lean not on your own understanding
In all, all of your ways
Acknowledge him
He'll make your path straight

We do find a campsite. It is, unfortunately, closed for the season (it's late fall). It is, fortunately, not locked up and we stay anyway.

My eyes can only see
The ground beneath my feet
Your dreams are greater
Your ways are higher
O Lord please show me

The year is 2008. We are teaching the lesson of Gideon in our children's ministry. The one about the fleece and the dew and the Mideonites. Someone casually picks this song. It's been a month (to the day) since we found out that not all is right with this pregnancy.

Trust, trust in the Lord
Lean not on your own understanding
In all, all of your ways
Acknowledge him
He'll make your path straight

Together with the kids I do the actions and sing, hanging on to my rope because it's not always easy.

Bless my thoughts
My dreams my imaginations
Step by step
Your delight, Your creation

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Cakes said...

thank you.

Anonymous said...

Always, always, always - those moments of light.

"I will not leave you comfortless", He promises.

Judith Frost said...

Hi, Just to say- What a lovely ultrasound picture of your little Jack. Prayed for you all today.
Blessings,
Judith

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, that song was picked neither randomly or casually when we were talking about Gideon. : )

Much love to all four of you,
corrie.